I am pretty sure I have only met one person in my life who does not like pizza. I don’t even know if its true…because I have seen her eat pizza several times lol! It is so basic, but so yummy! I do make a pretty awesome pizza, but I tend to stay away from making things like that. Last year I was in Italy with my husband, and we went to this little pizza place in Nove, it was so good! Real Italian pizza, made in front of you, in a big brick oven. The crust is thin, the toppings are perfect. It put american pizza chains to shame. I guess a lot of places could do that though.
Anyway, of course trying to keep it healthy and low in carbs, we have adapted the veggie crust pizza. I have some recipes on my site, but it was back in my low-low carb days and not paleo friendly at all, so I figured I would do a healthy update. I have made cauli-crust, eggplant crust, spaghetti squash, spinach, cheese…you name it! I loved making this pizza in particular, because my 3 year old helped. She put the toppings on with me, flattened out the crust…she had fun…so of course she ate it and loved it. I really think if you get your kids involved, no matter what you are making, they will eat it because they helped make it. Plus, she loves everything pizza related lol.
Extra BONUS…this pizza IS 21 Day Fix friendly. Anyone who follows me knows I am a Beachbody Coach, and a ton of people doing the 21 Day Fix have asked me if I have low carb friendly recipes that will fit within the 21 Day guidelines. Of course I had to go make some stuff for you guys! Turkey Chili is up next week, so be on the lookout for that!
I have quickly learned (recently…a year later lol) some people get frustrated that I coach now…it’s pretty sad because I really truly love coaching. Of course, I do get A LOT more positive feedback than negative, but I do still get those few people who do not like it. Mainly from those who have been following me for a long time, and only want to see recipes. I know I can’t please everyone, but each of us hold our own journey and follow our own path. Did you know my very first workout program EVER was Power 90? This was Beachbody’s very first program. I had it on VHS when I was in High School and in 30 days I lost 20 lbs. I had my son when I was 18, and a little while after he was born I got P90X, the upgrade from Power 90. I also went to a boxing gym. Between 2 different rounds of P90X, Insanity, Turbo Fire, P90X3 and 21 Day Fix I have lost 80 lbs! I have been jumping between Body Beast and some of my other programs lately, but right now I am on day 4 of the 21 Day Fix Extreme! I am loving this program, it pushes my limits.
Before I started coaching I just did meal plans for people, and I added them to a group on Facebook to help motivate them along the way. The problem was, not everyone was exercising. If you don’t workout, you aren’t going to get extreme results, you are either going to maintain your weight or lose very slowly. I wanted to help people with the FULL package. I want people to feel great from the inside out. I already did my own meal plans, and I already worked out with Beachbody workout programs, so why not coach for Beachbody?! It is the whole package, plus I can throw my own low carb paleo spin on it! Yes, I can do personal training, make my own workouts, continue with meal plans, but I like the home workouts so much better. Its quick and you burn a ton of calories, more than ever at the gym. Plus, I have seen the pricing for online personal training and so many people charge over $300 for their services between a 4-6 week time frame, and I get it, we all need to make a living…but I just don’t know if I could do it. I just want everyone to be healthy, try to stay active, eat right, prevent disease, and feel good and do it at a reasonable price too! Yes, I also drink Shakeology…it helped me lose some weight and lower my blood sugar, plus it gives me more energy and oddly enough, my joint pain is practically gone ever since I started drinking it.
So, I represent a company I believe in, where I know you will get results, and it is even guaranteed or your money back. So, I hope that helped clarify things for some of you who have been questioning what I do lately. I don’t coach to “scam” people…that’s impossible anyway…you buy the product, you don’t like it? Return it. If you do like it, awesome. You can’t scam someone when there is no scamming to be had lol. I have always been professional in my work. I was an executive assistant for 10 years, but I wanted more out of my life. I know how hard it is to look at yourself, 100 lbs overweight, not even knowing where to begin and not knowing if its possible to lose weight. You get so used to looking a certain way, anything else seems out of reach. I wanted to show people you CAN do it, even when you struggle. I have gone through depression, injury, 2 pregnancies, slow metabolism, thyroid issues…just a ton of different things, and even when I struggle I still push along. I still eat right, I still “press play” on my workouts. I still have goals, and I will reach them even through the bad times, even through the set backs. It is OK to fall sometimes, you just have to get back up. I enjoy helping people, I have some really amazing clients, and I am thankful for the opportunity to coach them.
So, I just wanted to share where I stand on it all, in case you were wondering why “Food I Make My Soldier” isn’t just food anymore! One day I would love to be EVERYTHING Health, Fitness and Beauty. Meal Plans, Healthy recipes, Fitness Programs, Challenge Groups, Essential Oils and maybe even some Younique Makeup….but I am not trying to fill my plate up to the brim right now lol. It would be a lot of fun though, time will tell and I will go on the path I am supposed to take!
Anyway now that I have “talked your ear off” I suppose I can give you the pizza recipe now lol.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella
- Any extra veggies you prefer
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Run your cauliflower through the food processor until very fine and resembles rice. You can try pulsing in a blender, it's a little difficult depending on your blender, but it is an option if you do not have a food processor.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add your cauliflower and 2 Tbsp of water. Microwave until tender, about 8 minutes. Note: If you don't use a microwave, you can steam it, just put it on top of parchment paper so it doesn't fall through the holes.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, chop up your sauce ingredients.
- Add a little olive oil (about 1 tsp) to a small pan, and cook all the sauce ingredients together. It will start to break down (and smell really good by the way). This only needs to cook about 8-10 minutes as well. Once it's done, place to the side.
- By now your cauliflower should be done. Pour the cauliflower onto a clean dish towel, and squeeze the water out. If you do not squeeze out the water, your dough will fall apart.
- Once all the water has been squeezed out, put the cauliflower back into your bowl with the rest of the crust ingredients. Mix together until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate the mixture into 3 equal parts, and make 3 pizza rounds onto the parchment paper, and make sure to spread the cauliflower thin so it is around 1/4" thick. Place in the oven and cook about 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and carefully flip each crust over.
- Spoon your sauce onto the pizzas along with the cheese, and place back in the oven about another 10 minutes, or until the bottom is golden and the cheese has melted.
- That's it! My 3 year old and 11 year old love it, so that is an added bonus!
- 21 Day Fix Notes
- Each crust fills up 1/2 of your green container, and the sauce for each pizza is 1/3 of a green container so I counted the crust and the sauce as 1 green per pizza.
- There is one blue of Parmesan in the crust, split 3 ways. There is also 1 blue of mozzarella on the top, split 3 ways. So I counted the cheese portion of the pizza as 1 blue per pizza.
- Since I used some olive oil for cooking, I went ahead and called it 1 tsp.
- No red, purple, yellow or orange were used in this recipe.
- So, it comes down to: 1 green, 1 blue, 1 tsp per pizza. Pretty awesome.
Don’t forget to tag me in any recipes you make! I love to see your creations! @FoodIMakeMySoldier on Facebook and Instagram. You can also hashtag #FoodIMakeMySoldier. Thank you, as always, for such amazing support and feedback on my recipes!!