This is the best steak! THE BEST STEAK! Ok, maybe it isn’t….who knows…but I was really impressed. I couldn’t believe it. I always grill or cook in a pan, its yummy…but THIS steak was amazing. I marinated it, broiled it of all things…and it was really tender…even leftover.
Today is Day 1 of my challenge group. Ok something that is super awesome…..when people start a new group or a new journey, there is only one “day 1” usually. Sometimes you may fall off, then try again. There is something incredible about running challenge groups besides the obvious…I get to start “day one” with people every single month! I get pumped up to help them on their journey, and it keeps me going strong! Honestly, when I first started coaching I had no idea how it would go, or if it would even become anything. Even 6 months in, I wasn’t convinced I could do it, but I also didn’t put my all into it. About 4 months ago something clicked, like this is what I really want to do, and I will make it work! The second I told myself “I can do this!” I have been connecting with so many new people, and helping them reach their health and fitness goals! I am SO proud and SO impressed at all my amazing clients! One of my girls wrote me and said with the new eating plan and workouts, she lost 6 lbs her first week! Believe it or not, the support goes a long way…these groups really are the whole package. I love this!! I will stop there because I tend to ramble when I am excited about something lol. If you want to know more about my groups, come check them out! All you need to do is sign up for a free consultation!!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe! Don’t forget to tag or hashtag me in your creations!! 🙂
- Your choice of Steak (see my note below)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, cut in half
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- First, get a good cut of beef. I got L'Entrecote, but I also do not live in America, so in the states that would be something like a Rib-Eye or any piece of meat from the rib area. It worked really well! You can also use a flank steak.
- In a plastic bag (or small bowl) mix together all your Marinade ingredients.
- Slice 4 small holes in the top of your steak, and push the garlic cloves inside the meat.
- Drizzle your steak with the olive oil, and season with all the seasoning. Let it sit overnight in a tightly sealed bag or Tupperware container.
- Remove your steak from the fridge approximately one hour before cooking, so it will get to room temp and cook evenly.
- When you are ready to cook your steak, move the rack in your oven to the very bottom, and turn the broiler on low.
- Place your steak on baking sheet, and broil for about 5 minutes until the top is browned. Flip over and broil for another 4-5 minutes until the other side is browned. This will sear your steak on the outside, and keep it tender on the inside. You can also use the meat thermometer if you prefer. It will read about 135 degrees for medium-rare, 145 degrees for medium.
- While your steak is cooking, use your mortar and pestle and crush up the herbs and garlic, then add the vinegar and oil. If you do not have a mortar and pestle, just use a blender and pulse-mix it all together. If you blend it until smooth it will be more of a sauce, but as you can see I left my herbs and garlic in pieces.
- During the last 1 minute of cooking the steak, put your Chimichurri on the top. It will add wonderful flavor to your steak that last 1 minute.
- Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes, then serve!
- As always, don't forget to tag @FoodIMakeMySoldier or hashtag #FoodIMakeMySoldier when you make one of my recipes! I love to see what you are cooking, or how you make it your own! :)