Who is ready for FALL?! Me! Me! lol
It is practically fall in Europe already…we have those days of hot weather but it’s mostly raining and 65 out. The one thing I dislike about fall and winter is that it gets dark early…which in normal cases I don’t mind…but as a food blogger it gets annoying. This means, there is no natural lighting and my photos don’t turn out that great. I hope when we move, I can get a lighting/photography set up!
Speaking of moving….we don’t have that much time left in Europe! Crazy!! I am excited to get back to the west coast though…hello beach, seafood, Sur La Table and Costco! I will say, I am going to miss small town living, the AMAZING Christmas markets in Germany, and just the culture all together. I do like living here, not the house, but the country in general. Winter is amazing, I love the markets a lot they are my favorite part about living here, and Italy really isn’t all that far away! Not to mention, you can fly to any surrounding country for like 40 euro round trip! That is unheard of in the states. For a ticket from California to Seattle was like $300….so to fly from Germany to London for about $45-50 is incredible!
Alright well, enough about that, onto the recipe! I know cheese and paleo don’t really mix, but goat cheese is allowed! Lucky for me, I love it! From what I hear from people, you either LOVE it or absolutely hate it. So, feel free to leave it off if you are one of those “hate it” people. For me, I can put it on just about anything. This was by far my favorite way to eat green beans! I almost never want to eat them plain again lol.
1 lb Green Beans, ends trimmed off
1/2 Red Onion, sliced thin
1 Garlic Clove, minced
3 Bacon slices
1/2 cup Goat Cheese, Feta or otherwise
1/4 cup Slivered Almonds
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1. Heat a large pan on medium heat.
2. Once hot, add your bacon to the pan and cook on each side until crispy.
3. Remove the bacon onto a paper towel lined plate, and chop into small pieces and set aside.
4. Pour out the bacon fat from the pan (sorry lol) and add the coconut oil.
5. Once the coconut oil is melted, add your green beans and garlic to the pan with salt and pepper. Saute for about 4-5 minutes.
6. Add the red onion, and cook another 2-3 minutes, just until the green beans are tender but still have a crunch to them.
7. Place your green beans in a large bowl, then add the bacon, goat cheese and slivered almonds!
Recipe makes 4 servings.
I would love to see if you made this! Just tag me on Instagram or Facebook @FoodIMakeMySoldier or Hashtag #FoodIMakeMySoldier on Instagram! Enjoy!
**If you are on the 21 Day Fix, I would count one serving as 1 green, 1 blue and 2 tsp.