I love when winter is over and so many fruits and veggies are in season! That means, they taste even better and are less expensive as well! I am hoping when we move I can make my own garden. I can’t seem to keep a house plant alive…but I am willing to at least try one veggie and see how it goes!
I only have a couple months until I am in California, so I am really trying hard on my goals. Between healthy meals and Insanity Max 30. I can’t believe with all my back issues I have been able to do this workout the last few days! I am so excited!! I follow the modifier, but it’s still a challenge even with the modifier. I actually feel SO much better too, my back hasnt been hurting as much as before. I think I just needed to get the right workout without pushing myself too hard and messing things up. So I put my pride to the side, and I am doing what I am supposed to. My goal is to lose 10-15 lbs in the next 2 months. If you want to join me, let me know! I have a group called Strong for Summer about to start in 2 weeks!!
This recipe for Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Cups is wonderful, my husband and son loved it, even my 4 year old ate a few shrimp…she likes spicy food too! There is the perfect amount of sweet and spicy, so neither is overpowering one another. I hope you like it! If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on Facebook or Instagram or hash tag #FoodIMakeMySoldier! Enjoy!
- 1 lb Raw Shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp Dill
- Dash of Salt
- Lettuce leaves, such as Butter, Boston, Romaine...which ever you prefer!
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small Avocado, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 Purple Onion, chopped (approx 1/4 cup)
- 1 Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 Pineapple Spear, chopped (approx 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- 1/2 small Jalapeno, minced (about 1/2 tbsp)
- dash of salt and pepper
- Optional: Cilantro for Garnish
- Chop all of your salsa ingredients, and mix together in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
- After you clean your shrimp, heat a pan on medium heat and add approximately 1 Tbsp Olive Oil.
- In a plastic baggie (or small bowl) mix together the cayenne, black pepper, Paprika, Garlic, Dill and Salt. Season your shrimp with the spicy mixture, and place side-by-side in your pan. Do not over crowd the pan or they won't sear correctly.
- If your pan is hot, you only need to cook the shrimp for about 2 minutes on one side, and 1 minute on the other side. Just until pink and cooked through.
- Remove onto a paper towel lined plate.
- To assemble, place your shrimp in the lettuce cup, and top with a spoonful of sweet pineapple mango salsa!
- That's it!